Sunday, April 26, 2015

Your health and your creative block...

I learned recently that highly creative people have a higher than average sex drive and that sex helps increase creative flow.  People often forget, that just look food water and sleep, your body needs sex.  When I mean your body needs sex I don't necessarily mean with another person, that comes with its own advantages and disadvantages.  Consider this, stress levels have been intimately linked to prostate cancer.  Men who don't masturbate only a daily basis, even those that are receiving sex daily with a partner, are at a 40% high risk for developing prostate cancer.  Having time alone privately when you can simply be with yourself, listen to your body, and meets its needs for pleasure and release, great increases your overall health and well being.  Having sex with a partner can be nice because it is a very direct physical expression of affection and closeness, and the animal part of our brain responds much more to directly observable actions than to words and implied ideas or feelings.
If you're feeling creatively blocked, go through this checklist.  When was the last time I ate? Have I had some sort of substantial protein in the last two hours? How much water have I had to drink today? Am I feeling thirsty? Am I constipated or having other issues with my digestion? How much sleep did I get last night? How well did I sleep? How many hours have I been awake? Am I nearing 16 hours since I got any sleep? Am I feeling cranky or emotional? Could I use a nap? Is there something I'm upset about, consciously or unconsciously that I'm leaving unresolved? Am I feeling lonely or needing to be touched? When was the last time someone held me or gave me a hug? When was the last time I got a chance to socialize with people that I enjoy who don't stress me out? When was the last time I got out of the house just on my own to do something that refilled my creative well with awe and wonder? When was the last time I really made love with a partner? When was the last time I had an orgasm entirely on my own when I could simply be by myself, unrushed? When was the last time I simply sat in a quiet room alone with my thoughts, possibly drinking a cup of tea? When was the last time I got some sort of aerobic exercise I enjoy that really stretched my muscles and helped me burn some stress out of my body? When was the last time I tidied my work space so that it gave me that feeling I thrive on in my personal work? When was the last time I did something altruistic that made me feel better about myself? When was the last time I was pampered to help me relax? Have I been spending too much time thinking and stressing about my work and not enough time creating?

When you complete that list, I guarantee that you'll feel much better and the gears that pump out your creative juices will be properly lubricated, ready to take on whatever project lays in front of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment