Saturday, January 31, 2015

LifeNaut

So I found out about this really cool website called LifeNaut. Its run by the leading company in the field of AI.  The concept is that they are attempting to make a digital copy of your mind which will eventually be able to be loaded into an android and someday in the future into a clone of your own body.  Now I personally don't feel that even a clone of myself with an exact copy of my mind, is the same thing as "me", because I view myself as being the sense of awareness that looks out and views my memories and the world around me, the ghost in the machine.  I do think though that creating a digital copy of myself could be useful for completing my own goals which will take a very long time to bring to fruition, such as a Queer Home State and space exploration.  I especially like the idea because it might mean that some part of me, my son if you will, would get to experience a future period in time where we're able to custom terraform planets and engineer their ecosystems as works of art, a great dream of mine.  If I don't live long enough to see the day where we're able to use medical nanites to make ourselves immortal, hopefully someday in the future, a person much like myself though hopefully much better, will be able to continue making the world a better place as I hope and even enjoy the fruits of my labors.

No comments:

Post a Comment